In Commemoration of the 151st Birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, Indian Cultural Centre under the aegis of Embassy of India, is pleased to invite the Indian residents of the State of Qatar to the Painting Competition which is open to Indians of all age groups residing in Qatar.
In view of the COVID19 situation, and keeping in mind all the necessary precautions to be taken, ICC will accept the paintings completed at participant house and delivered to ICC before the dates mentioned in the guidelines. All other details are mentioned in the attached guidelines.
Also the Number of Entries are limited to 200 on a first cum first served basis.
Guidelines for the Competition
1. Theme of the Painting Competition – Either of Mahatma Gandhi’s Works, Ideas, Dreams or Mahatma Gandhi himself.
2. Participant eligibility – An Indian with a Valid Qatar ID.
3. Number of Participants– 200 (on First come First Served basis).
4. Participation information – To be completed in the attached Excel sheet only. Incomplete application will not be considered for competition. The excel sheet name shall be the participant name.
5. Where to Register – Send Email to email@example.com only with all enclosures. The subject of Email shall be “Name of Participant – ICCGJ2020”. Telephone/WhatsApp or any other form of registration will not be accepted.
6. Please ensure all Enclosures for the Application by email – Participation form, Front & Last page of Passport and Copy of Qatar ID. Notification/reminders will not be sent for the incomplete form or enclosures. All enclosure shall have file name of the participant.
7. Only One Participant per family will be allowed to participate in the Competition.
8. Only One Painting per participant will be allowed.
9. If more than 1 per family is found to be participating in the competition, then they will not be considered for the Prizes for the Competition.
10. Only A3 Size White paper will be allowed for Painting works by the Participant for the Competition.
11. Participant has to write their participation ID only number (to be provided by ICC on 25.09.2020) on the rear side of the paper.
12. Participant shall not write anything or leave any identification mark on the front side of the sheet (which can be used to identify the participant), other than Painting works. If any such discrepancies noted, the Painting will not be considered for the prize.
13. The entire surface of the front sheet except the bottom right corner area of 1-inch x 1-inch can be used.
14. Last Date of Receiving Registration – Wednesday, 23rd September 2020 by 0500 pm or the first two hundred complete participant registration, whichever occurs first.
15. List of Participant with Participation ID number will be provided on ICC notice board on Friday 25th September 2020 at evening 0500 pm. It will also be emailed to the participants.
16. Last Date for receiving the Painting by the participant (mandatory) – from Saturday, 26th September 2020 to Monday, 28th September 2020 by 0730 pm during ICC working hours. (Morning 0900 am to 1200 noon and evening 0430 pm to 0730 pm).
17. Results will be announced on the Zoom Meeting on Thursday 01st October 2020 starting at 0500 pm onwards.
18. Winners will be felicitated on 02nd October 2020 (Venue and details to be notified later).
19. All participants will be provided Certificate of Participation, which can be collected from ICC after 10th October 2020.
20. Selected (By Judges) Paintings will be displayed in Ashoka Hall in ICC from 0800 am on 01st October 2020 to 0700 pm on 02nd October 2020. Participants will be informed accordingly.
21. For All Inquiries, email to firstname.lastname@example.org only.
22. Decisions of the Judging Panel and ICC Managing Committee shall be final.
Last Date of Receiving Registration – Wednesday 23 September 2020 by 0500 pm or the first two hundred complete participant registration, whichever occurs first.
Indian Cultural Centre